Thursday, May 7, 2009

She's pretty much always @ the library


Welcome to She's @ The Library, a blog about electrified information, and about printed information found at the books and mortar libraries I still love.

I am Jessie Milligan, a MLS student at the University of North Texas. I work in the UNT Dallas virtual library, a library with only 1,400 print reference works and media but with access via computer to more than 300 databases and many of the 6 million cataloged items at the University of North Texas in Denton.

I recently left a career as a newspaper reporter. I should say that newspapers left me. The information revolution, as exciting as it is, has been hard on"old media" types, but very good for people like myself who want to dive even deeper into the fast-changing world of digital information.

1 comment:

  1. I like your informative blog. I took the Syracuse gaming survey. I once worked in a newspaper library. I hope you enjoy being a digital librarian.

    ReplyDelete